Notify me when back in stock
Enter your email to be notified when the product is back in stock.
Please enter a valid email address
Thank you. You will be notified when this product is back in stock.
Get 76 points when you purchase this product!
A must-have for the farmer's market, a day by the pool, or just for everyday! Each Chiapas Bag boasts gorgeous stripes that match up with the straps--double-wrapped for durability and a comfy grip. Handwoven by artisans in Chiapas, Mexico, on a backstrap loom, these totes are as versatile as they are striking.
- Packaging is 100% recyclable.
- Perfect for the farmer's market, a day at the pool or beach, or as an everyday purse! Each Chiapas bag has vibrant stripes of color which carry on to the straps which are then intertwined with the base color of the bag. The tops of the straps are double wrapped to provide strength and comfort for your shoulder or your hands. These versatile totes are handwoven by artisans in Chiapas, Mexico, on a backstrap loom. How They Are Made The backstrap loom is a traditional style of looming in Mexico. It allows the weaver to brocade designs into the fabric as it is woven. One of its main advantages to the backstrap loom is that it allows the weaver full control over the work they are doing. Small changes in the body can achieve variations in the texture of the fabric.
- This product ships directly from Verve Culture and is available to US customers only.
- If you prefer a refund, there will be a $10.95 shipping and handling fee that will be deducted from your refund.
- Dims: 16'' x 26'' (including strap)
- Dry Clean or hand wash/hang dry; washing will cause slight shrinkage.
Verve Culture is a company built on tradition. This three-generation, women-owned team consists of Jacquie Lewis, Jules Vertrees, and Sarah Laping. After years in the gift industry, their love of travel inspired them to bring travel mementos and culturally significant items to consumers. Verve utilizes recycled and renewable materials to create interesting products: from mexican citrus juicers, to hammocks, to mezcal infusion sets. Each item is handcrafted by artisans, supporting real families and traditional production process. Click below to learn more about why we love Verve Culture!See Verve Culture