Notify me when back in stock
Enter your email to be notified when the product is back in stock.
Please enter a valid email address
Thank you. You will be notified when this product is back in stock.
Get 204 points when you purchase this product!
- No trees are cut down or harmed in the making of Scoria's cork products! The cork is stripped from the tree after maturation (around 26 years), and is stripped again after every 9-12 years. The stripping of the cork is a sustainable process that allows cork to regenerate on the tree and unlike the myth of cork being endangered, it actually helps the process of producing more cork for the trees!
- Every purchase makes an impact! Scoria partners with Right to Play, donating a portion of proceeds to empower Indigenous youth through play-based education that promotes healthy living and life-skills
- Product packaged in plastic-free packaging
- Ships plastic-free!
- Scoria cork is ethically harvested from trusted sustainable farmers in Portugal and Vietnam, then responsibly manufactured by partners in Asia
- The cork grains are bonded by light, water-based eco-adhesives to a natural base cloth under high temperature between natural rubber and cork. Scoria uses high temperature to make use of the already sticky quality of the natural latex in the rubber. No harsh or unsafe glues are used
- Inks are water-based and non-toxic
- Made with naturally anti-microbial cork
- Backed by natural tree rubber unlike other mats with synthetic TPE/PVC
- Carrying strap: 50% polyester, 50% organic cotton
- Eco-friendly yoga mat made from naturally anti-microbial cork
- Artist's design made from non-toxic dyes
- Ultra grip cork activates with heat and water
- Backed by natural tree rubber (not synthetic!)
- Perfect for hot yoga, gentle yoga, meditation, stretching
- Scoria ensures a 1 year warranty for unusual wear and tear and manufacturing defects on their cork yoga mats (please note warranty is void and does not cover damage caused by long sun exposure, mistreating the mat, or rolling the mat incorrectly). Reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org for help with your warranty!
- Ships same business day!
- Unused, undamaged products in their original product packaging may be returned within 30 days
- Only at first, your yoga mat may have a mild rubber smell. After around 3-5 practices the smell will go away. You can lay the mat flat in a shaded area to air out after unpacking
- Comes with mat carrying strap
- 72" x 24"
- 2.8 kg
- Thickness: 4.5mm
- Cork is anti-microbial, so there is no need to worry about germs, mold, or mildew forming and no need to clean regularly (the cork sanitizes itself naturally!). After practice, lay the mat flat to air dry. If there is dirt or body oils, wipe the mat down with a soft cloth and warm water. Every once in a while, wiping the mat with a mixture of mild soap and water discourages stains from settling
- DO NOT put your Scoria yoga mat in the washing machine
End of Life
- Reuse or repurpose if possible. Although the cork is biodegradable, Scoria products are still tightly bound with water-based eco-adhesives at a high temperature to give strength and stability, and therefore wouldn't be suitable to break down in a home compost
Where does our creativity go when we enter adulthood? Do we have to let go of childhood musings when we're fully‚grown-up? What does being grown-up really mean? Enter Scoria World; a collection of thoughtfully sourced, sustainable yoga mats and accessories that serve as a daily reminder to reset and to return to our imaginative and creative younger selves. With Scoria, adults and children alike are encouraged to embrace a youthful mindset and engage in a playful, exuberant life! Plus, Scoria prioritizes thoughtful, sustainable materials like organic cotton, water-based adhesives, and responsibly sourced cork and natural rubber so your yoga practice is a positive one, for you and the planet. Scoria also partners with Right to Play by donating a portion of every sale to supporting play-based education to children in Indigenous communities.See Scoria
Not only is it beautiful, this may really is grippy. I do hot yoga & a couple of hot classes 4-5x a week and this mat has good grip! I sweat a lot & not one slip!
It also has just the right amount of cushion. It’s not too thin & not too cushy at 4.5mm. And it is a gorgeous mat. The design & colors are so pretty & I love the alignment lines!