Is there anything better than the look on a loved one’s face, after they open a gift you carefully chose, wrapped, and kept a secret, especially for them?
This magical moment of generosity and gratitude starts with the annual search for Christmas gifts ideas - and you’re in the right place! As a marketplace that champions small, sustainable, and conscious companies, we’ve got everything you’ll want to put under the tree this year.
Here are our 30 top sustainable gift ideas, for every interest, and every budget. Santa’s waiting, let’s get writing our lists!
Why shop for sustainable gifts?
In the hunt for the perfect present, the planet often gets forgotten. Americans collectively throw away 25 million tons of EXTRA waste during the holiday season, much of which comes from gifts that quickly end up in the trashcan.
But the most wonderful time of the year doesn’t have to be the most wasteful. Whilst the holidays come and go fast, the best gifts will bring joy way beyond the festive season.
Sustainable gift-giving is about making choices that have a positive impact on the environment and the well-being of others. When you choose sustainable gifts, you send a powerful message to your loved ones. You show that you care about the planet and the people who make the products you buy. It's a way to express your values and inspire others to make more conscious choices.
Additionally, sustainable gift-giving allows you to support small businesses and local artisans who prioritize eco-friendly practices. By purchasing their products, you contribute to their growth and help create a more sustainable economy.
Below, we've curated a list of 30 thoughtful and sustainable Christmas gift ideas for eco-conscious shoppers like you. To make things simple, we’ve broken this guide down into interests and budgets. From eco-friendly gadgets and reusable products to handmade goods and zero-waste alternatives, there's something for everyone.
Whether you're shopping for friends, family, or colleagues, be intentional when you shop, and gift ethical products they’ll treasure for a long time. Embrace the joy of sustainable giving and explore unique options that support local artisans, promote fair trade practices, and contribute to a greener future.
Let's spread the joy of a sustainable Christmas this season!
Shop by Interest
- For the green-fingered gardener
- For the workaholics
- For the skincare addict
- For the kitchen kings and queens
- For the crafty kids
- For the tech lovers
- For the zero-waste newbie
- For the proud pet parent
- For the squeaky-clean minimalist
- For the free-spirited adventurer
For the green-fingered gardener
You love their green fingers and muddy knees, so treat the earth-loving gardeners in your life to some blooming lovely treats.
- The main event: Subpod Compost Essentials Bundle, $256
- A little extra: Bamboozle Countertop Compost Bin, $50
- A stocking filler: Modern Sproud Terrocotta Planting Kit, $24
For the workaholics
You can’t make them take a break, but you can make the late nights and constant calls a little less stressful with these office-appropriate goodies.
- The main event: Oakywood Wooden Laptop Stand, $148.95
- A little extra: Agood Company Blank Stone Paper Notebook, $29.99
- A stocking filler: Onyx and Green Retractable Recycled Gel Pens, $5.99
For the skincare addict
Cleanse, double cleanse, tone, serum, moisturize…speak the language skincare addicts know and love, with these cruelty-free picks.
The main event: Activist Skincare Refillable Trial & Travel Kit, $50
(Comes with FREE $25 gift card!)
- A little extra: Upcircle Beauty Body Cream, $30
- A stocking filler: Meow Meow Tweet Vegan Lipbalm, $14
For the kitchen kings and queens
Your amateur chefs have been cooking up a storm all holiday, so say thank you with sustainable kitchen essentials.
- The main event: Verve Culture Thai Moon Knife Set, $90
- A little extra: Bee’s Wrap Reusable Beeswax Wraps, $19.99
- A stocking filler: Silicone Stasher Snack Bag, $9.99
For the crafty kids
Just like Santa’s elves, keep the kids busy this Christmas with cool and creative toys that’ll keep them going for hours.
- The main event: Wishbone Design 3-in-1 Recyled Toddle Tricycle, $289.99
- A little extra:Honey Sticks Bath Beeswax Crayons, $23.95
- A Stocking filler: Eco-kids Eco-dough, $18.99
For the tech lovers
007, is that you? Give your tech nerds a new toy this year, with these eco-friendly gadget accessories.
- The main event: Better Battery Co. Recyclable Batteries, $37.99
- A little extra: Pela Case Compostable iphone Case, $39.95
- A stocking filler: Nimble Champ Lite 5k Portable Charger, $24.95
For the zero-waste newbie
Everyone has to start somewhere! Cheer a zero-waste newbie on their journey with these supportive gifts. Together, we can make a big impact.
- The main event: ZWS Essentials Zero Waste Hair Care Mini Kit , $47.46
- A little extra: More Planet Less Plastic Organic Tote Bag, $14.99
- A stocking filler: Say Goodbye To Plastic Book, $14.99
For the proud pet parent
Don’t forget your fluffy family members when you’re shopping for gifts. Pamper your pets with conscious goodies.
- The main event:Awoo Pets Infinity Dog Leash, $50
- A little extra: Boba & Vespa Snake Catnip Cat Toy, $19.99
- A stocking filler: Hemp Ball Dog Toy, $8.99
For the squeaky-clean minimalist
Following the wise words of Marie Kondo, minimalists believe that ‘the question of what you want to own is actually the question of how you want to live your life’. Let’s help them keep it simple, stress-free, and sustainable.
- The main event: Undyed Organic Cotton Sheet Set, $199
- A little extra: The Story of Stuff book, $15.99
- A stocking filler: Zero Waste Stain Stick Bar, $9.99
For the free-spirited adventurer
You’ll find them showering in waterfalls or drinking hot coco by a campfire, our free-spirited friends are always looking for gadgets for their next adventure.
- The main event: Root Self Care Yoga Bamboo Root Board, $199
- A little extra: Luxon Del Dia 18L Backpack, $58
- A stocking filler: 3-in-1 Classic Stainless Steel Container, $37.99
Don’t forget the wrapping!
Now you’ve browsed all our Christmas gift ideas (and maybe added a couple of things to your basket) it’s time to think about the finishing touches: channelling your inner-elves and wrapping them up.
First, consider what’s the most sustainable way to package your presents. It’s estimated that each year Americans throw away:
- 38,000 miles of ribbon (enough to wrap around the Earth)
- $11 billion work of packing material
- 2.6 billion cards
Try these sustainable packing alternatives instead:
- Reusable Velvet Gift Wrap Set of Three, $52.70
- Reusable Fabric Gift Wrap, $18
- Recycled Silver Paper Gift Ribbon, $7.49
- Recycled Navy Paper Gift Ribbon, $7.49
- ZWS Essentials Kraft Tape, $8.99
A voila! Presents packaged to Santa’s standard!
There you have it! 30 sustainable Christmas gift ideas
Prioritise mindful giving this season with these 30 sustainable Christmas gift ideas. By shopping with intention, you’ll be gifting your loved one’s evergreen goodies that will be treasured for a long time, rather than wasted a few weeks later.
And that look on their face when they open a gift you chose just for them? It’s even more priceless when you know it’s created without a negative impact on the people who made it, or the planet we share.
More holiday tips:
- Time to deck the halls? Try these DIY holiday decoration
- Looking for more ways to reduce your waste this holiday season? Check out these 11 quick tips
- Want to Marie Kondo your life for the new year? Learn how to embrace minimalism
Is corperate gifting stressing you out? Here’s our handy guide