Notify me when back in stock
Enter your email to be notified when the product is back in stock.
Please enter a valid email address
Thank you. You will be notified when this product is back in stock.
Get 229 points when you purchase this product!
- Bamboo is a naturally renewable resource that is anti-microbial, anti-bacterial, and extremely strong
- The Root Board comes wrapped in a protective breathable sleeve, and the edges are protected with a polyethylene channel and boxed in recyclable cardboard
- Designed in California, ethically manufactured in China
- Made of 12mm thick sustainably grown and harvested three-ply Moso bamboo flooring with a durable 6 Coat Ultraviolet Finish that will withstand heavy use
- Stabilizing clips made from plastic
- Portable bamboo platform for practicing yoga at home on carpet, on grass, or sand – and is sized a bit larger than a yoga mat
- Made from thick sustainably harvested bamboo that protects ankles and wrists from overstressing
- Two ergonomic handholds on both halves allow for easy transport
- Board comes with two plastic clips for added stability when practicing on high-pile carpet or grass
- Easy to assemble and built to last for years
- Ships within 2-3 business days
- Unused, undamaged products in their original product packaging may be returned within 30 days
- 76¾” x 28½" x ½” (assembled), 40¼” x 28½” (each piece)
- Each Panel weighs 14 lbs. (28 lbs total)
- 12mm thick bamboo
- Plastic clips: 6 x 1.25 x .5
- If used indoors the Root Board needs only an occasional wipe down with a moist towel. If used outdoors you may find that you need to wipe off sand, dirt or grass clippings. Do so with a wrung out wet cloth and follow that up with a dry soft cloth. The Root Board is protected by a UV coating and should withstand many years of use if cared for properly
- The Root Board is bamboo flooring made of organic material that reacts to temperature and humidity. Upon receiving your Root Board you can anticipate it will need time to acclimate to your environment. The Root Board is constructed with three layers of bamboo; the top and bottom plies are horizontal and the middle layer is transverse. This cross hatched approach makes the board extremely strong. Creaking or tiny lines at the seams of the bamboo strands are uncommon but may occur. Rest assured, the Root Board has been stress tested and, when used for its intended purpose, will last for many years to come!
The Root Board
Welcome a sense of calm and stability to your home yoga practice with The Root Board -- the sustainable solution to an at-home practice with an in-studio feel. Portable, elegant, and incredibly sturdy, this bamboo platform keeps yoga mats secure on any uneven or soft surface (we're talking carpet, grass, or sand!). Whether new to the practice and learning the delicacy of a particular stretch or working on your next arm balance, this board offers the support needed for a fulfilling and safe at-home yoga experience!See The Root Board
I didn’t realize how much of a difference it would be to practice on a hard surface versus my carpeted home gym! I purchased hoping there would be added stability and there was. On top of that, it’s a beautiful board that I am happy to leave out.
I expected it to work a bit better. The bamboo is nice. One of the pieces got some nicks during shipping. My problem with it is the seam where the two halves meet. I have a fairly thick mat on top when I do yoga. You can feel the seem come apart any time you have your foot near the middle. I thought that this was heavy enough that it wouldn't happen. I'm wondering if it's less of a headache to just do yoga on the carpet.
Hi there! We're sorry to hear you aren't having total success with your Root Board. Our team will be in touch to help and offer some Troubleshooting tips!
My MIL got 2 of the boards for my birthday coming up (1 for her and 1 for me) and we've been able to test them out on the living room carpet and on the grass while on vacation. Super excited to take them to the beach eventually. They are the perfect size (although definitely want to be careful on the size of mat you have) and easy to store as well. Because they're a puzzle piece set of sorts, it's easy to move on even when on uneven surfaces because the pieces balance themselves out without feeling weird during practice. I'm 5'2" so carrying the board is a little tougher since you have to really lift it higher so it doesn't scrape the ground but I love that it's not too heavy. I also like using it to do work on the ground (I lay out my yoga mat and meditation cushion and I'm good for hours) and also took a piece to the park to sit on and relax. So multipurpose and sturdy as well, and I love that the finish is so sleek and elegant as well. Bamboo is a definitely plus as well as the feel of the board is gorgeous! I would recommend using a slightly thicker mat on it like a cork mat so it's easier on the ankles and knees, however.