Notify me when back in stock
Enter your email to be notified when the product is back in stock.
Please enter a valid email address
Thank you. You will be notified when this product is back in stock.
Get 188 points when you purchase this product!
- Ships plastic-free in recyclable box
- Ethically handwoven in India
- Contains no PVC, BPA, phthalates, chemicals or allergens
- Antibacterial and antifungal
- GOTS Certified Organic Cotton
- 100% GOTS Certified Organic Cotton
- 10-20 Medicinal plant dyes from an herbal mix of Neem, Turmeric, Holy Basil, Indigo, Hibiscus Flowers, Mint Leaves, Lemon Grass, Ashok Tree Leaves, Poppy Seed Oil, Bodhi Tree, Amla Gooseberry, Arda, Wild Himalayan Cherry, Madder, Vetiver, Wood Apple, Plum Cherry, Kaarakil, and Indian Kino Tree
- Bottom: non-slip coating of natural latex rubber
- Sweat and slip-resistant yoga rug hand-loomed from organic cotton and dyed with medicinal Ayurvedic plant dyes
- Natural tree rubber coated bottom
- Lasts longer than typical yoga mats, and is antibacterial and antimicrobial
- Ships within 1 - 2 business days
- Unused, undamaged products in their original product packaging may be returned within 30 days
- 5mm thick, 6 ply cotton
- 3.4 lbs., 72"L x 25"W
- This mat is naturally antibacterial and antifungal so you only need to wash every 3-5 months depending on your practice. Wash alone and not with other items and do not spot clean
- Hand wash (recommended): Fill a tub with cold water. Use natural laundry detergent or soap nut tea (see below how to make). Pour the soap nuts liquid in the tub and agitate (note: you will not see suds like normal detergent). It's recommended to then place in washing machine rinse and spin cycle to remove excess water especially for the darker colors. Hang dry in shade. Hand washing is recommended for the best color and fabric longevity of the mat
- Machine wash: Wash with cold water on gentle cycle and with gentle, natural detergent. Test a corner of the mat to make sure detergent is safe with natural dyes. A front load washing machine or one without an agitator is required to maintain the highest quality of the handwoven fabric. If you have an agitator in your washer please hand wash
- Hang dry: Always hang in the shade. Do not machine dry. Do not roll the mat when wet.
- In between washes: Wipe the mat down with a damp cloth, then hang to dry
- Limit sun and heat exposure: You can use the mat outdoors but keep out of prolonged direct sunlight to reduce any color lightening
- The latex can soften at high temperatures and if not rolled properly it can stick to itself esp. if left folded or crumpled. If so, warm with a hair dryer or warm water before attempting to gently pull it apart. Pulling apart without warming it up first could result in damage to mat. If taking a hot yoga class over 100 degrees let the bottom of the mat cool a bit before rolling. Always roll the mat to store
End of Life
- Donate or repurpose
- Organic cotton and natural rubber are biodegradable
Oko Living mats are transforming the idea of what makes an eco and ethical yoga practice. With their mats and towels, one can authentically elevate their yoga practice with attention and care for people, the planet, and ancient tradition. Their gorgeous organic, hand-loomed, and plant-dyed products provide the perfect grounding surface for stretching, yoga, and meditation. Plus, their mats are colored using a process that employs an ancient Ayurvedic method of dyeing textiles that preserves the medicinal properties of each plant. This method prioritizes the purest ingredients and involves a mixture of plants that promote skin soothing and mind relaxing traits.See OKO Living