Notify me when back in stock
Enter your email to be notified when the product is back in stock.
Please enter a valid email address
Thank you. You will be notified when this product is back in stock.
Get 31 points when you purchase this product!
- This pencil is biodegradable and plantable, and will grow into herbs, flowers, or vegetables when you plant it after use. This reduces reliance on plastic-covered pencil alternatives, and reduces waste in our landfills!
- Ships in packaging made from recycled content
- Shipping packaging is recyclable
- Produced in Lodz, Poland and Minnesota, USA
- Contains no lead
- Certified to EN-71, a safety standard certificate approving that the Sprout pencil is safe and harmless for children!
- FSC Certified wood
- Sustainably harvested FSC Certified wood with natural clay and graphite core
- Eco-friendly plantable pencils with herbs, flowers, or vegetable seeds within the stub
- Made with FSC Certified wood and a natural graphite and clay center
- Includes 8 classic graphite pencils
- Unused, undamaged products in their original product packaging can be returned within 30 days
- Ships same business day!
- All products on clearance are not eligible for returns and are considered final sale
- Pack of 8
- Comes unsharpened
- To Plant: Use a pot with a drainage hole in the bottom. Place it on a saucer and fill with good potting soil. Water the soil so itâ€™s moist but not soggy, and watch it grow! Plant the pencil at an angle and not too deep. The soil should just cover the seed capsule. Place the pot in natural light but avoid direct sunlight. A temperature of 20Â°C is ideal. Water regularly in the saucer. The first shoots should appear between one and four weeks later.
End of Life
- Pencil stub is 100% biodegradable and will decompose if buried
Plant a green mindset with Sprout! Their innovative pencils transform from classic school and office supplies to beautiful flowers, veggies, or herbs after they're too short to use ‚Äì keeping waste out of our landfills, and growing gardens everywhere. Made from sustainably harvested and certified wood, these non-toxic pencils contain 10 different non-GMO seeds within a biodegradable capsule at the base, so all you have to do is plant it upside down in a small pot after use, and your pencil will sprout! Lead-free and with a clay and graphite core, these funky pencils are sure to bring a sustainable touch to any project.See Sprout
I haven't tried the planting part yet.
"So if I plant it, will it grow a pencil plant?" If only. But it's nice as a little gift. I took them out of the box and handed individual ones around at work. Haven't tried planting any yet.
Love the idea, my only problem was they don't sharpen as well as some other pencil brands (Ticonderoga, etc) and I put an eraser on the end and when that happened the end with the seeds came off and the seeds went everywhere. But overall it is such a cool idea and I will use this company again!