Notify me when back in stock
Enter your email to be notified when the product is back in stock.
Please enter a valid email address
Thank you. You will be notified when this product is back in stock.
Get 27 points when you purchase this product!
- Food Huggers help retain 23% more moisture than food stored in baggies or plastic containers, keeping food fresh longer and reducing food waste
- This reusable food storage option reduces reliance on single-use plastics and disposables
- Food Huggers packaging is made from 100% recycled and recyclable card stock
- Shipping packaging: Boxes and envelopes made with recycled content and all shipping packaging is recyclable
- Responsibly made in China
- BPA and Phthalate-Free
- Food Huggers are made from the highest quality certified FDA Grade Silicone
- 100% FDA Food Grade Silicone
- Various sizes of FDA grade silicone food storage keeps fruits and veggies fresh
- Reusable silicone reduces reliance on disposable and single-use food storage bags, films, and foils
- BPA free, phthalate free, and vegan
- Great for the top of cans also!
- Food Huggers offers a lifetime guarantee on all their products. If your product is defective or damaged, reach out to the EarthHero team!
- Ships same business day!
- Unused, undamaged items in their original packaging can be returned within 30 days
- This set includes 2 sizes for both large and small avocados, and is made from flexible silicone that stretches for a perfect fit
- Dishwasher safe
End of Life
- Try repurposing as a soap dish, spoon rest, plant base, or storage for bits and pieces
- Food Huggers has partnered with TerraCycle to help recycle your damaged huggers. You can send your damaged items back in four easy steps! Request a prepaid shipping label at firstname.lastname@example.org. Print your shipping label and package your old Food Huggers (Bonus: Reuse an old box or package!). Then, just drop off at your local UPS store or schedule a pick up.
The average American family of four will toss out $1,600 a year in food that they weren't able to eat, usually because it's gone bad. Beyond that, there's the additional money wasted on plastic film, foil, and disposable baggies. With Food Huggers, you can cut out these costs, all while reducing your food and plastic waste! Since their Kickstarter launch in 2013, Food Huggers has grown to be a favorite in kitchens nationwide. Throughout this success, founders Michelle Ivankovic and Adrienne McNicholas have stayed true to their commitment to high quality ingredients, like their FDA food grade silicone. Each Food Hugger helps retain 23% more moisture than the typical plastic containers or other food storage products which means your food is staying fresh for as long as possible. Plus, all of their packaging is 100% recycled and recyclable, so you're fighting waste every step of the way!See Food Huggers
What grocery store sells avocados these sizes anymore? only the small ones fit or are even remotely usable for a specific avocado that we buy at Costco... all the other avocados at whole foods do not fit. I'd rather have two small ones than this big one that is used for nothing.
Hi there! So sorry the large cover doesn't fit your avocados. We will pass this feedback along to our friends over at Food Huggers!
If I do not put the avocado with the "hugger" in a plastic container, it has too many dark spots the next day. I used saran wrap on the avocado first and then the "hugger" over the wrap and that was better.
Osiris from EarthHero here! I love my avocado food huggers SO much! As someone who eats avocados very often (a staple of Mexican households), I definitely benefit from extending their lives as much as I can. They are super easy to put on (of course, they don't fit with all avocados, but definitely on those you find in the States) and very easy to clean, which I love. I also love that they're ethically manufactured in China, truly breaking the stigma of non-U.S. made products!
We use these daily in our house. I agree with other users that the small one is definitely more conveniently sized. We don't typically buy the larger avocado varieties but I have been able to use the larger sized hugger with avocados that are a little larger than average. It may not 'hug' it completely but still works adequately. It would be nice to be able to buy just one size for your particular use instead of the pair.
I was really excited about these because I've been using a hard plastic avocado saver that doesn't work with the pit still in place. So I was slightly disappointed to find that these huggers only work for some avocados. There's no stretch like this brand's other food huggers. I guess I'll just have to find the right size avocados at the store...