Get 124 points when you purchase this product!
- Ships plastic-free in packaging made from recycled and recyclable materials
- Handmade by local artisans in Kyrgyzstan
- Kyrgies is a proud member of 1% for the Planet, donating 1% of profits to organzations that protect the environment
- Kyrgies offsets any carbon emissions through their partnership with Carbon Neutral
- Ethically-sourced felted wool with a vegetable-tanned leather suede sole
- Cozy indoor slipper made from undyed wool with a vegetable-tanned, chrome-free leather suede sole
- Molded sole offers orthopedic support and additional felt cushioning
- Wool wicks moisture so they never smell like feet!
- Unworn, undamaged items in their original packaging may be returned within 30 days
- Ships same business day!
- All products on clearance are not eligible for returns and are considered final sale
- Dry clean
- Do not wash with water
End of Life
Have you ever thought about where your footwear comes from? How the materials were made and the people behind the label who work to construct the shoes? The guys at Kyrgies certainly have. From field to foot, the founders of Kyrgies have sustainability and direct community impact built into everything they do. Steve Anderson and Barclay Saul don't only talk the talk when it comes to transparency in the supply chain, they walk the walk - literally! Their ethical slipper collection starts with a tradition that is over 1,000 years old - Kyrgyz felting. The slippers are produced in Bishkek, Kyrgystan, where wet felting with local sheep's wool has been a staple craft for centuries. Workers and families pass this skill on from one generation to the next and these slippers are one way they celebrate wool and preserve cultural heritage.See Kyrgies
I bought a pair for me and another for my husband. We are impressed. I wear them barefoot and the wool is not itchy. They are surprisingly sturdy but are soft and comfortable. They don't make my feet sweaty but keep them warm. I normally wear 7.5 or 8 size shoes and I have wide feet, and 42 (smallest size available at the time I placed my order) is too big for me. My husband wears 9.5 or 10 size shoes, and 44 is too big for him (42 actually fit him perfect). Some reviews say these slippers run small so go one size up, but my recommendation is get your regular size, as Kyrgies says "they will eventually enlarge in size".
These could use a little more arch support but overall I'm happy. I was looking for a leather soled slipper to wear around the house. I normally wear a pair of indoor only crocs but they were causing too much static buildup. (It's very dry here.) These slippers have worked out great and I find them pretty comfortable. They're just a little lacking in arch support for me. (It feels almost completely flat to me.)
I love these slippers, so comfortable, so environmentally friendly. And on sale right now which was an added benefit. My feet love these.
These slippers are exactly as described. Very nice quality. Unfortunately, they do not have the support my feet need. The top front edge of the slipper comes a little to far up on my foot and hits the front of my ankle in a sensitive spot. Truth be told, they are big on my feet, so that could be why. The available sizes were very limited. The ones I ordered are actually a full size larger than I wear. I figured they were slippers...
If you can get them in your size, and don't require a lot of support, I would recommend them for sure.
I went shopping for slippers and everything has gel insoles. Who wants their feet on toxic gel? Google ing wool slippers I found kyrgies and I'm so glad I did. My feet thank me every day!