Bestowed Essentials

What do you call all-natural, zero-waste beauty and skincare that's handcrafted with the planet in mind? No...this isn't a riddle‚ it's the story of Bestowed Essentials, an ethical beauty company that does things a little differently. Founder Christianna, better known as Callee, is a self-proclaimed hippie who travels the country living and sharing her eco-friendly lifestyle and zero-waste products.

While enlisted in the US Navy back in 2016, Callee took a trip to New Orleans, where she purchased a bar of handmade soap that promised clear, glowing skin. Not only did it help her complexion, but it opened her eyes to the benefits of holistic skincare. Intrigued by the possibilities, Callee began researching homemade soap-making in September of 2016, with her first successful batch just several months (and several failed batches!) later. By the 2016 holiday season, she was gifting and giving her soaps away to friends and family alike!

After seeing her community's reaction to what would one day become Bestowed Essentials, Callee decided to bring her products to the people. She started with an Etsy shop called Mes Amies Soaps (My Friends Soaps), featuring just 6 vegan soap bars. By early 2017 she had expanded to the Farmer's Market of Augusta, GA, with a collection of products including balt salts, face masks, and of course, her handmade soaps.

From humble roots, Bestowed Essentials has steadily grown‚ but always stayed true to their roots. In just the first two years of business, they've earned their PETA Certified Cruelty Free Certification, rebranded from Mes Amies Soaps to Bestowed Essentials, earned their first stockist, and first employee, and released tons of amazing new ethical products (shampoo bar, we see you!). This humble two-person team of Bestowed Essentials has no plans of stopping anytime soon.

Handmade Castile Solid Dish Soap
Waitlist Available
Handmade Castile Solid Dish Soap

Bestowed Essentials

$14.50

Zero Waste Laundry Powder - 64 loads
Waitlist Available
Zero Waste Laundry Powder - 64 loads

Bestowed Essentials

$15.99

Natural Laundry Stain Stick

Bestowed Essentials

$5.49

Aloe & Tea Tree Shampoo Bar

Bestowed Essentials

$10.99

Handmade Green Tea & Eucalyptus Soap

Bestowed Essentials

$7.99

Handmade Lavender Soap

Bestowed Essentials

$7.99

Organic Cotton Straw + Utensil Pouch

Bestowed Essentials

$4.29

Stainless Steel Straw, Brush, and Pouch Set
SAVE 40%
Stainless Steel Straw, Brush, and Pouch Set

Bestowed Essentials

$2.57 $4.29

Ethical, Eco-Friendly, Essential

Fact: only around 9% of all plastic is recycled. The other 91% stays (for centuries!) in our landfills, or even worse, our oceans and waterways. Bestowed Essentials knows that personal care products are a huge contributor to this pollution, and adopted business-wide zero waste practices to reduce their carbon footprint and landfill contributions. None of their packing or shipping materials contain plastic‚instead utilizing glass, cardboard, metal, or compostable cellophane (even though it looks like plastic!). They use shipping tape from 100% biodegradable cellophane tape, crinkle paper from 100% recycled fibers, and shipping boxes that are recycled content and recyclable at the end of life. A proud hippie, Callee started out with a slightly unusual office setup‚ a van! When getting her start, she lived, worked, and traveled in her 2014 Ram Promaster Van‚ outfitting it with solar panels that kept her production and manufacturing up and running, without wasting energy. Now, she's outgrown the van and opened up a production and retail space in Rapid City, South Dakota! The first of it's kind in SD, the Bestowed Essentials space offers zero-waste home and bath goods, and provides a place for the community to gather and learn about zero waste! Each year, Callee hopes to give back to causes that are meaningful to her. In 2018, 10% of each Bestowed order was donated to help provide clean drinking water to those who don't have access to it worldwide. In just a short period of time, they provided 399 people with clean water for a year! And since 2019, Callee and the team at Bestowed Essentials have partnered with the Ocean Blue Project, working together to collect & recycle one pound of beach trash for every single Bestowed Essentials order. In addition to these zero waste and charitable efforts, Bestowed Essentials ensures each product is responsibly made. By saying no to palm oil, avoiding animal byproducts and animal testing, and certifying each product as cruelty free, you can use each product without guilt.

Time Well-Spent

Everything on our site is vetted through our 5-Pillar Sourcing Methodology, and our Community Experience team is always here to help through chat, call, or email.

ADD SOME SUSTAINABILITY TO YOUR INBOX!

Sign up to our newsletter and you'll recieve tips, tricks, and advice on living sustainably. Plus, a sneak peek to new products and articles!